Software powering skarnet.org
- The server runs the Linux
- Every package is compiled with and linked against the
musl libc. This site
is glibc-free, and uses no GNU software during its normal
operation. Only for compilation purposes is GNU software
used, namely gcc and GNU make.
- Rather than mainstream, complex pre-packaged software, a combination
of various secure and lightweight programs is used. It includes:
- The web server publishing this page is
tipidee, written by yours truly.
- All the scripts holding it together are written in the
execline language. The server
never spawns a shell unless someone logs into it.
A note on hardware
alyss.skarnet.org is a virtual private server hosted by
Gandi, using the smallest possible
configuration. Everything on this server has been built manually,
including the kernel and the init system.
for more information.
- powered by tipidee
- powered by musl
- powered by busybox
- powered by s6
- powered by s6-rc
- powered by qmail
- powered by djbdns
- powered by ezmlm
- powered by vpopmail
- powered by execline